Cooking Potato-Onion Sandwich using Rice Bran Oil
“Calvin: Why are you crying mom?
Mom: I'm cutting up an onion.
Calvin: It must be hard to cook if you anthrpomorphisize your vegetables.”
Well, that was Calvin and his anthropomorphic philosophy. Off course there is life in food and so it sustains our lives. Notwithstanding further Gyan on food and life, here's presenting an easy to cook, regular to have and popular among all recipe that you can cook with your Rice Bran oil. Yes, you read it right- Rice Bran Oil. I am sure even Calvin will like it and share it with Hobbs.
A staple at my home and am sure at a lot of homes too. Easy to make, quite popular with people of different ages, very Maneuverable (you can change the filling basis your choice/comfort), this dish is one that has helped me won my fiance' heart too :)
- Chopped Onions, tomatoes, Garlic, Green chilies (1 each)
- Para-boiled Potatoes, peeled & diced (2)
- Bread (White/Brown)
- Spices like- Turmeric, Coriander powder, Jeera & Salt (as per taste)
- Cooking Oil (Fortune rice Bran) 2 Tbsp
- Green Coriander Chutney
- Roasted Sesame seeds (optional)
Serving : 2
- Keep a clean, dried wok on cooking stove, pour in 2 tbsp of Rice Bran oil and allow it to heat.
- Add Jeera and allow it to splutter
- Add Chopped Onions, Green chilies and Garlic and stir with a flat ladle
- Once the onion turned a little gold, add diced tomatoes, potatoes to wok
- Add all the spices and mix it well.
- Cook the stuffing for 5-8 minutes till it turns soft. Pour a little water if required to accelerate cooking & assimilate the mix. Our Stuffing is ready.
- Take a fresh bread & spread the stuffing on it and layer it with another plain bread
- Take a flat tawa on stove & grease it a bit with half teaspoon of butter (Surprisingly Optional as I cook without any etc greasing)
- Toast the bread till it turns a bit brown. You can alternatively, toast it inside a sandwich maker.
- Your sandwich is ready to eat. Take it out on a plate and using a knife cut it diagonally in two pieces. Repeat the process for all other pieces you intend to make
- Garnish with Sesame seeds and serve with green coriander chutney or tomato ketchup & serve.
As I mentioned earlier, you can mix and match the stuffing to suit your palate. Rice is compatible with many vegetables and even fruits in India which add to it's advantage.
Do try this and share your feedback.
***This post is a part of Healthy & Tasty Recipe Contest with Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil & BlogAdda.com