To travel is to live and to live is to travel
“To travel is to live and to live is to travel"
I have been travelling and living through lengths and breadths of India. Each stay had it's own charm and list of experiences. While some hovers like nightmares, there are also some that leaves you in good taste. Like that God roads in valley and the great drive-away.
My passion for seeing things around, took me to numerous short/long drive-away, creating some fond memories in my chest of memories. One such drive was, however small it was, was the road drive from the Bengal city Kolkata to IIT Kharagpur.
You must be wondering that we are talking about Michelin experience here and someone is talking about a road trip from Kolkata to Kharagpur? What's the big deal in it? Friends, I have never been to places outside India and all my memories lies with small small drives that I have had in the country- urban or countryside. And this trip on a cold, chilly, cloudy winter morning was awesome.
Few things that made this trip great-
1. Awesome weather- Early morning open skies filled wit mist, clouds and darkness.
2. Long, newly built wonderful open highway roads.
3. Te route we took highlighting the early morning city culture soon enveloping to highway to rural to a township culture
5. On the way activities like stopping by a local Dhaba (a traditional eatery) and sipping in kulhad wali chai (tea served in clay pots) with Chapatis and local tadka veggies. All this while having a tete a tete with a "onward to a marriage hall" bus full of people stopping there as well and sipping their cuppa and telling the story of their wedding!
6. The planned portion of trip took a backseat to the unplanned portion and that spelled all the FUN!
Where there is smoke, there's a cigarette
Ever tried smoking without a cigarette or a nicotine and still felt so high? Welcome winter mornings. Aha! there were buds too but not bud as in bud and smokers as in smokers. Puzzled? Don't be. If ever, you would ave tried to take a few puff out of your "no smoking stand" to just try out, you will know what I meant :)
The trip was made to reach IIT-Kharagpur where my friends planned to hire some fresh recruits from the campus. A set of other group of friends were destined to reach same-time but in other vehicle while another set of friends already reached the place. We could have easily traveled by a train and reached the place in less than 2 hours but Men! we chose road and drive down!
So much was the fun the journey was that destination refused to please us and we all started looking forward to our drive back. This time the agenda was same but thrill was different. By the time we reached back our homes, it was dark. Until then none felt tired, none felt exhausted. Indeed a memorable trip.
A chance to win a trip to Michelin Pilot Experience at BlogAdda.com