I am very very Sari!
What is that a lack of which makes a women's attire/dressing incomplete? What is that which has adaptability to grace any occasion- formal or festive or routine? What is that which is simplest looking yet could be manipulated into many a style statement? What is that which is equally popular for an elderly grand ma to a lady in corporate hot seat, to young chick and even a small girl? What is that which represents Indian women and her attire? It's the whole 6 yards fabric- the Sari!
An actress is never complete until she is Yash Chopra's heroine, donning a chiffon sari in lush green meadows and swiss alps. Picture of a perfect beauty is never complete without a sari. Such is the beauty of this fabric that from a home maker to a seductress, to a business women, everyone vouch by it. The whole six yards...there is everything mystical about it.
So when Indiblogger in association with Shoppers Stop came up this contest- Shoppers Stop Perfect Look, I couldn't help but write at least one tributary post to this beautiful thing called- The whole six yards- The sari.
Here's am picking an ensemble that's what Sari dreams are of. How?
Well well...this festive season, we had lots of wedding in the house and there goes the mightiest confusion- what to wear? Sari is off course a natural choice. But which Sari? ahem, did they told you problem of plenty? yeah plenty of options available making difficult to choose? From silk to georgette to net...options are plenty and trends in vogue.
I logged on Shoppers stop website and browsed for saris. It has such a variety of sari that I got even more confused and couldn't decide on just one and chose to pick few but Alas, I am not that rich and need to buy accessories too. It's then Shopper's Stop's tagline- try something new! caught my attention. New?
Here's what I picked which narrowed my few alternates into one and got me an appreciation winning ensemble in the wedding function.
Why this ensemble?
1. Sari- I liked the fact that the sari has an element of all latest style- Net, Crepe, Jacquard and with embroidery and a color that's so royal, so gracious, so rich and so festive in looks.
2. Jewellery- I chose in particular the silver range so as to bring grace and in same time subtlety in looks. The necklace, earring, rings and bracelets are selected keeping the sari pattern and overall design congruency in mind.
3. Watch- The dial, the strap and its uncanny resemblance to Sari border says all. Besides it's silver and its Titan
4. Clutch- Its handy, chic and goes very well with sari. Black makes a match with Sari
5. Footwear- Glittery, flowery and mixed color to accentuate the look of Sari and overall outfit. Yes, yes...Silver too.
Doesn't that makes an interesting combo? Do let me know in comments below. Till then Ciao & keep dressing well and elegant.
ensemble picked from www.shoppersstop.com