Seven Over rated Indian Celebrities
It's a week of 7 says Corrine from write tribe.com
It is also a week of return of humor and movie masala. So let us take stock of 7 top over rated celebrities/actors in Bollywood. Off course this is my personal opinion well echoed by many others and I carry nothing against these celebrities. In fact, I quite like them but that doesn't change fact and our basic wish that they should do more, live more rather than PR more!
The list goes like-
1) Aishwarya Rai: The beauty queen, the queen of hearts. She indeed is mesmerizing-ly beautiful but how about acting skills? You cannot separate her beauty from her acting and still say that she has done some wonderful roles. Ash is known more for her endorsements, presence in hi-profile events like Cannes Film Festival or Oscars. What she wears and who she dates becomes a headline and often too much of a headline but how many times were she was mentioned for her acting? Her Hollywood sojourn with Mistress of Spices and Bride & Prejudice were as eminent as entry of Indian films in Oscars- Big talks, bad choices and flop!
2) Sonam Kapoor: The fashionista and hi flying daughter of Anil Jhakaas Kapoor. She is known more for the dresses, make up, shoes she worn at different events or jokes she plugged on her counterparts or others in media like Shobha de, Aishwarya Rai or Ranbir Kapoor. When it comes to movie, the pretty actress is still to open her Bollywood register else she will be soon moved to the pages of glam society and endorsements only which is already quite crowded.
3) Shahid Kapoor: Oh the blue-eyed dancing boy from Jab we met is definitely over rated. Better known for his day in day out relationships with popular (read more successful) actresses like Care-in-a Kapoor, Bid-ya Bala-n and Pri-yank-a Chopra, this chocolaty actor is yet to leave his marks on movie-dom and yes Jab we met was fabulous but again that was Kareena' movie all the way. What about other movies? Kaminey? Nah! He wasn't as good.
4) John Abraham: One of the dashing male model, better known as Bip-asha Basu' boyfriend after Didn't- know-u Morea, he really set hearts on fire when made his on screen debut but was soon doused them off. Those cute dimples are soon running their charm and his stint as producer is keeping him warm but acting? Well a walk in to Madras Cafe would save him some grace.
5) Sanjay Dutt- Pl do not hate me for this but can some one tell me what is Mr Datt's claim to fame except for the fact that he is son of adorable Sunil Dutt & gracious Nargis Dutt. Yes, he did Munna Bhai. So did circuit too. Too much of "Sanju Baba" chaperoning has ruined a good looking actor (yes he could emote well as well) and reduced him to third run movies like Policegiri. Come on Sanju baba, time to move away from useless lackey, alcohol and do justice to your potential.
Well that was my list of seven most over rated Bollywood celebrities. Do add yours, if you have any.
The only person that I feel is still under-rated is- The Legend Amitabh Bachchan! He is the only complete package of- Acting, looks, screen presence, marketing and blah blah. God, why do not they make more like him. Mr. Bachchan, you are still so under utilized and how much we wish to get to see more of you!